Efficient production requires proven and efficient solutions. Everywhere in the world, there are dozens of production lines and stations implemented with our help. Our involvement included selecting automation and electrical solutions, developing and implementing the control and visualisation system, prefabricating control cabinets and commissioning and maintaining the installed lines.
We usually implement the following types of production lines:
Stop-and-go production lines
Stop-and-go production is the manufacture of large batches of the same product for a specific period or until a predefined volume is reached. This method can quickly produce large quantities of products, which makes it perfect for mass production. This method does not work well with highly variable production because changing the type of produced items requires stopping and reconfiguring the production line.
Continuous flow production line
Continuous flow production is a method where the product is moved to the next station at every production stage. During continuous flow production, the number of actions performed at the individual stations is minimal, and the finished products leave the production line individually. This solution is perfect for assembly lines producing, for instance, car seats, home appliances, etc.
Advantages of continuous flow production lines
- Flexibility of production – different products can be produced on the same line at the same time.
- Easy adaptation of the line to new requirements, e.g. adding a new station
- Various types of products can be assembled, e.g. sets of sets for different car models, for different clients, in different configurations
- Continuous quality control at every stage of production
Challenges to automation systems:
- Line controller software is much more complex and requires controllers with higher computational powers.
- When designing software, demands that may materialise in a year or two should also be considered.
Just-in-time (JIT) production lines
Just-in-time production lines are a development of the continuous flow production philosophy. With JIT lines, the high variability of the produced items is combined with delivery time and sequence criteria because JIT production involves providing specific products to the client, consistent with the ordered configuration, at a specific time and in a specific sequence. These usually include complicated products with extensive configuration capabilities. They are usually sent to the final production line without even short-term storage.
Regardless of the complexity of the product and its production, we can offer expertise and commitment to propose the best solution and make sure that your station or product line is dependable.
We are looking forward to doing business with you!